Griffin & Strong, P.C. (GSPC) is an Atlanta, Georgia-based professional corporation that focuses on law and public policy consulting. The firm was organized in 1992, incorporated in June, 1996, and has been in business continuously since that time—over twenty five years.
Griffin & Strong, P.C. has methodically built its experience and reputation in the area of public policy consulting and supplier diversity consulting and has conducted disparity studies, drafted program legislation and engaged in remedial program development nationwide. GSPC is unique in that it is a law firm with a public policy consulting division whose sole focus is disparity research and equity and inclusion program analysis and consulting. We are suited to analyze and respond to the current legal climate which confronts governmental efforts to promote equity, to ensure that all citizens are given an equal opportunity to compete in the area of public contracting.
Below are a few jurisdictions GSPC has or is performing disparity studies for:
- Bexar County, Texas
- City of Atlanta, Georgia
- City of Birmingham, Alabama
- City of Chattanooga, Tennessee
- City of Cincinnati, Ohio
- City of Columbus, Ohio
- City of Durham, North Carolina
- City of Frederick, Maryland
- City of Memphis, Tennessee
- City of Phoenix, Arizona
- City of St. Louis, Missouri
- City of Tacoma, Washington
- Clark County, Nevada
- Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- Dekalb County, Georgia
- Fulton County-County of Atlanta Landbank Authority
- Fulton County, Georgia
- Georgia Department of Transportation
- Georgia Lottery
- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Houston Metropolitan Transit
- Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority
- Montgomery County, Maryland
- North Carolina Department of Transportation
- Ohio Department of Transportation
- New Orleans (LA) Aviation Board
- Newark, New Jersey Consortium
- Port of Houston, Texas
- Sound Transit, Washington
- State of Georgia Department of Administrative Services
- State of Tennessee
- State of North Carolina
GSPC has also engaged in the following public policy and supplier diversity consulting arrangements:
- Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games (ACOG)
- The New World of Coca Cola
- FedEx Forum (Memphis)
- Mercedes Benz Stadium (Atlanta)
- State Farm Arena (Atlanta)
- Living Cities – City Accelerator 4 (Cohort Lead)
- Consulted with the following cities:
- City of San Antonio, Texas
- City of Chicago, Illinois
- City of Cincinnati, Wisconsin
- City of Los Angeles, California
- City of Memphis, Tennessee
- Living Cities – City Accelerator 6 (launched in June of 2019)
GSPC presents the most experienced and qualified team in the industry with each team member holding significant experience in disparity study consulting and program development.
Rodney K. Strong, Esq., Chairman and CEO, Project Executive
- Founder of Griffin & Strong, P.C.
- Licensed attorney in Georgia and Tennessee, with over 24 years of experience. Represents a range of public sector and corporate clients, specializing in public contracts, supplier diversity, real estate and community economic development issues.
- He testified before the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship on the topic of “Business Start-up Hurdles in Underserved Communities: Access to Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship Training” on September 11, 2008 (part of the Congressional Record).
- Education/Training: J.D., University of Memphis, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law1983; B.A. Political Science, Morehouse College, 1977.
Michele Clark Jenkins, J.D., Senior Director, Consulting Division, Project Manager
- 10 years of Disparity Study Project Management.
- 23 Disparity Studies, 4 goal- settings for Georgia DOT, 3 goal-settings for Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Inter’l Airport.
- Expertise in post-study guidance.
- A. in Anthropology, Princeton University;
- D. NY Law School;
- Certification in Negotiations from Harvard University; PMP Certified Project Manager; and Certified Contract Compliance Administrator.
Ana Paula Duarte
- Deputy Project Manager for the Griffin & Strong, P.C., Consulting Group.
- Responsible for leading research projects, directing and supporting disparity study teams and related subject matter experts, and managing and training internal staff and subconsultants contributing to various GSPC projects.
- She is a graduate of the Emory University with an MA in Public Health, and obtained her Bachelor’s in Human Health and Physiology from the University of Iowa.
- Experience in conducing focus groups and interviews, creating surveys and community forums; trilingual co-author of multiple published research articles.
Project management and outreach coordination
- Deputy Project Manager
- Background in Policy Analysis, Advocacy and Program Creation
- Skilled in communications, management and research-based writing
- S. in Psychology from Georgia Southern University; Current Graduate Student at Emory University
- Currently serving as Deputy Project Manager on Disparity Studies for Guilford County, NC; Shelby County, TN & Cincinnati, OH
Dr. B. Rom Haghighi - Chief Statistician
- 30 years data management and analysis of large databases, including Center for Disease Control and other government agencies.
- Completed over 15 Disparity Studies
- Former Director of Research for the state of Texas Controller’s office for 7 years.
- Conducted largest disparity study on record for the State of Texas (including 149 state agencies, 9 health science centers and 52 state universities).
- PhD in Statistics from Sam Houston State University; MA in Public Administration from Midwestern State University
Dr. J. Vincent Eagan – Principal Investigator
- Served on over 120 disparity studies since 1993
- Foremost national expert is disparity research
- Over 120 disparity studies.
- Successful expert witness in 6 cases.
- Member of Bloomberg Business Week Academic Advisory Panel on law for 12 years
- D. from Harvard University; and Ph.D. in Economics from Georgia State University
David Maher - Legal & Policy Analyst
- Litigation specialist with over 20 Years of experience in corporate defense, litigation support, civil appeals and general counsel.
- Georgia Top Rated Lawyer in Appellate Law and in Labor and Employment Law.
- Served as Federal Law Clerk in 11th Circuit Court of Appeals responsible for research and drafting opinions in areas of employment, civil rights, and immigration.
- S.W from University of Wisconsin; JD from Florida State University.
Dr. Gregory Price – Sr. Economist
- Skilled Econometrician and Applied Theorist, Experienced in Economic Forensics.
- 20 Disparity Studies
- 25 years of economic analysis of discrimination and disparity of employment, private sector contracting, lending and public contracting.
- Former president National Economics Association.
- PhD. in Economics from the University of Milwaukee-Wisconsin.
Marcus Garner - Anecdotal Analyst
- Multi-platform communications profession with more than 20 years experience in written and oral communications
- Written opinion and special articles for industry publications like “Governing Magazine” and “U.S. Security Post”
- Former Director of Communications for Dekalb County Office of the District Attorney & Solicitor-General.
- Former Senior Report for the Atlanta Journal & Constitution, Atlanta’s main local paper
- S. in Newspaper Journalist from Syracuse University
- A. in English from Clark Atlanta University
Susan Johnson - Director of Project Administration
- More than 30 Disparity Studies as Contractor Administrator or Deputy Project Manager.
- Former Director of Human Resources for Concessions International
- Contract Compliance Administrator for the City of Atlanta Office of Contract Compliance
- A. Political Science, Spelman College; M.S Urban Government and Administration and an M.A. in Human Resource Management, Georgia State University
Local Team and Subconsultants
Calista H. Smith, PMP, MBA Role: Engagement Specialist Calista H. Smith
- President of Scale Strategic Solutions
- experience as a strategic planner, data analyst, and facilitator to engage stakeholders for the disparity review and analysis.
- conducted analysis and shaped organizational plans regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion for the Ohio Cradle to Career Network and Ohio Department of Health. Smith has also
- conducted interviews and focus groups for numerous evaluations, including recent virtual interviews and focus groups for the Ohio Children’s Trust Fund regional councils.
Jennifer E. Williams, Ed.D., PC Role: Engagement Specialist
- Senior evaluation and training associate with Scale Strategic Solutions
- Expertise in research, capacity building, and supplier diversity to support the disparity study.
- Background includes being Associate Director of the University of Cincinnati Evaluation Services Center, roles as evaluator for the Cincinnati Public Schools Supplier Diversity Program, and consultant on the City of Cincinnati Collaborative Agreement, market research associate for several years, supervising and conducting all phases of quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis and reporting related to product usage and attitudes, consumer behavior and advertising.
Creative Research Solutions, LLC-Survey of Business Owners; Snellville, Georgia
- An award-winning minority-owned research firm founded by Dr. Travis Tatum and Dr. Shanesha Brooks-Tatum, located in Snellville, Georgia. Their core competencies include survey development, qualitative data analysis, focus groups, and structured and unstructured interviews. They were recipients of the 2015 Business of the Year, Community Workforce Award: DeKalb County Chamber of Commerce, and 2014 Shining Star Award, National Association of Women-Owned Small Businesses